Prerequisites: Make sure you have already installed latest WAMP Server. If you still haven’t installed WAMP server, don’t worry just read my post Installing PHP/MySQL on Windows 8.1 Using WAMP Server Step by Step.
Note: Installation process of many PHP Frameworks consists of the follwoing two parts:
- Part 1 – Instilling Composer
- Part 2 – Installing the XYZ Framework
Part 1: Installing Composer
In this post you’ll learn where to get from and how to install Composer. Just follow these 7 simple steps and you’ll get installed Composer in the end.
After downloading, double click the Composer-Setup.exe and you’ll see Composer Setup window as shown below:
Select “Install Shell Menus” option and click “Next >“. This option makes sure that after installation gets completed, you can run the composer anywhere just by right clicking and selecting the option “Composer Install“.
- Click “Browse…” and you’ll see the windows ‘Open Dialog Box‘.
- Open the drive where you’ve installed WAMP Server.
- Open ‘wamp’ folder and look for the ‘bin‘ folder.
- Open ‘bin‘ folder and look for the ‘php‘ folder.
- Open ‘php5.5.12‘ folder and look for the ‘php.exe‘ file.
- Click ‘php.exe‘ file and then press the ‘Open‘ button.
After all that, click “Next >“.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Composer and have completed Part 1.
Now you need to Complete Part 2 to install your desired PHP MVC Framework from any of the following: